It all started with the first UCI Road World Championships in the year 1921. The Danish capital Copenhagen set the stage for that very first battle for the World title, which was only for amateurs at the time. In the years that followed, the greatest Champions donned the rainbow jersey and now the time has come to crown winners in a genuine jubilee edition.
After all, the UCI and cycling will celebrate the 100th anniversary of their Road World Championships in 2021 and the battle for the white jersey with rainbow bands across the chest will be fought on hallowed cycling ground: Flanders, where champions are born.
Program Races Flanders 2021
- September 19 – Men Elite individual Time Trial
- September 20 – Men Under 23 individual Time Trial
- September 20 – Women Elite individual Time Trial
- September 21 – Women Junior individual Time Trial
- September 21 – Men Junior individual Time Trial
- September 22 – Team Time Trial Mixed Relay
- September 24 – Men Junior Road Race
- September 24 – Men Under 23 Road Race
- September 25 – Women Junior Road Race
- September 25 – Women Elite Road Race
- September 26 – Men Elite Road Race
Program Flanders 2021 Rides
- September 18 – Flanders 2021 Ride Knokke-Heist – Brugge
- September 23 – Flanders 2021 Ride Leuven
- September 25 – Flanders 2021 Ride Antwerpen
- September 26 – Flanders 2021 VIP Ride
On the occasion of the 100th World Cycling Championships, the organization will look back on all those champions who wore the rainbow jersey in the past and look forward to the future as well. To that end, the organizers of the World Championships and Sport Vlaanderen have joined forces to create a genuine ‘Innovation Hub’ during the 2021 UCI Road World Championships.
Everyone who is interested in the future of cycling, and intrigued by innovation and technology, can visit the ‘Innovation Hub’. The 100% Limburg Bike project will be part of its ‘Exhibition Domes’, escape the commotion of the world championships and take some time to explore the latest products and cycling gadgets. And enjoy a drink in a comfy cycling setting while tracking the race’s progress on the big screen.
Escape the commotion of the world championships and take some time to explore the latest products and cycling gadgets. And enjoy a drink in a comfy cycling setting while tracking the race’s progress on the big screen.
When: 23 September – 26 September
Where: M Leuven
Hours: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.